QUESTION

Raspberry Pi alternative compatibility

2 people are following

Hello everyone! The Raspberry Pi is very difficult to purchase where I'm from (stock issues), and I would like to at least start with my project. There's a cheap alternative to the Raspberry Pi that I can buy locally, called the Orange Pi. Has anyone tried using it with MoBro? I'm deciding if I should buy the cheap alternative while I wait for Raspberry Pi to restock, or just straight up wait for stocks. Thanks!
Specifically, I'm looking at the Orange Pi One, if that matters.  
edit: it does support Raspbian upon some further research (link: orange pi one - Orangepi)

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @rawcell 

We only test and develop our preconfigured image for the Raspberry Pi.
So I doubt that our image would just run on an Orange Pi without further tweaking. But also I've never tried, since I don't own an Orange Pi. So you can of course give it a try.

Other than that you don't necessarily need the image. You can basically use any device as a MoBro client that is capable of starting a browser. So that obviously includes your Orange Pi as well ;)

You can check out our post over here on how to set up MoBro by using a browser window

I will try for this community. Android is also supported by the Orange Pi, so I will be the guinea pig for that as well. Thanks good sir!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.