QUESTION

Raspberry Pi Oled Cooling HAT

3 people are following

Hi,

In first thank you so much for creating ModBros.

I am wondering if I can use this "hat" at the same time as ModBros?

http://www.yahboom.net/study/RGB_Cooling_HAT

I'm not asking you how to do it (I'm new to the Raspberry Pi world) but only if it's possible or if I'm looking for nothing?

I also know it's not vital as ModBros doesn't consume a lot of resources but I would like to use it anyway.

Thank you in advance

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

Hi @DarkDindon 

thanks for the kind words :)
And yes you can use it, shouldn't be a problem.

but I guess you will have to manually install a few things on our image to get those RGB Leds and stuff working

Ok, thanks for these informations !

I've been working on this for months on and off… @DarkDindon did you work this out? Frustration is getting the better of me.

I'm struggling to boot to the desktop within the ModBros image so I can manually install the Yahboom software. I get the same message with each option in the config. ‘There was a error running option B3 desktop / CL1’ etc

Hi @Mac 

There's no desktop environment installed on our custom image
So unless you install one yourself you won't be able to boot to a desktop using our image

It might be easier for you to just use the official Raspberry Pi OS and set everything up
Then you could use MoBro via the installed browser like described here and wouldn't have to use our custom image at all

Nice... I'm happy to tinker and find alternate methods. Thanks for that suggestion I'll give it a try and report back… (Love your work).

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.