REPORT AN ISSUE

Raspberry Pi Zero won't connect over ethernet...

4 people are following

I recently decided to update to the most recent version of MoBro and noticed the ethernet/usb option for the Pi Zero. I already use an internal usb header for power so I thought that I could use the ethernet/usb option so that it would connect quicker. The Pi powers up fine and says that it connects to the computer, but it can't connect to the application. Adding to that is the fact that the Pi doesn't show up as a network adapter and instead a (COM3) USB Serial Device. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but could I get some help please?

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

Hi @Ya_Boi 

have a look at the page here for a detailed explanation on how to setup the USB connection

Hello, i have the same problem, Windows 10 recognize the RPI0W as a “USB Serial Device” not a NDIS adapter.

So i need to manually install the driver : “https://www.factoryforward.com/pi-zero-w-headless-setup-windows10-rndis-driver-issue-resolved/”

and the rpi is recognize as NDIS USB gadget BUT after apply your tutorial : https://www.mod-bros.com/en/faq/mobro/raspberry/usb-gadget-mode

it doesnt work : i have the message "Unable to locate the MoBro application on the Rpi

I notice that the NDIS usb send packet but received nothing…even with the  192.168.137.1 adress

Any info please to resolve this problem? i think the driver perhaps its not the good one.

Does we need to plug the POWER USB cord + the DATA USB CORD  or just the DATA cord is enough?

thanks

EDIT : after reinstall and configure with the hostname of the PC and not the ip, the RNIS adapter is communicate but the rpi doesnt find the PC and ModBros apply windows, stay on “searching your network for the MoBro PC application”.

Strange thing is the PC config doesnt accept the 192.168.137.1 as gateway of IP CONFIG. the adress is blank after validate, only the static IP 192.168.137.1 and the mask 255.255.255.0 is there…

ssh to 192.168.137.2 work

I was having this same issue, what you need to do is make sure that windows firewall is not blocking mobros then it'll work fine.

thanks @Rinnosuke for your reply…i check and its already checked to “private” network…

What has worked is to simply check the “public” network access…what stress me a litlle…because why does it need “public”access??? its a local IOT…

Another strange thing is the Pi (a RPI0w) disapear from “connected device” on the PC moBro APP…disapear…then there…then disapear again…in loop…but all works on the TFT screen…

Thanks to point me in the right direction ;)

EDIT : i have a dual boot, one is for work, other is for games, i have installed the first time on the game boot disk, all work as expected, and when i boot to my “work” disk, all setings are the same but MoBro on the RPI says “unable to find PC application…”. This is weird because all the settings are the same…

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.