REPORT AN ISSUE

Refusing to Connect to WiFI

3 people are following

I have wiped and re flash my SD card 4 times so far.  i have attempted to setup through the hotspot every time and get through and it still does not connect to my network. i even created a Guest Network so that i could try a different password.  Any ideas?

Also it seems the configuration is reset to AT and UTC each time it reloads.

Replies 1 - 9 (9)

Hi @EmboMarruk 

What exactly do you mean by “each time it reloads”?

If you go through the wizard and apply the configuration the Raspberry Pi should restart.
Did you open the configuration again after the restart and it then it resets?

Can confirm I am having the same issue

Hi @science-man 

could you describe the exact steps you took before this happens?

Like, you normally flashed the image, went through the configuration wizard and the Raspberry Pi rebooted? And then it didn't connect to the network you configured and also the rest of the configuration was reset to default?

I flashed the image onto an sd. It boots and the softwrae runs and displays a screen asking me to connect to the network with a phone or notebook but every time I connect to the network with my phone, the network drops out and disappears.

Ah right, well that's a different problem then.

What do you exactly mean by "the network drops out"?
Does your phone just disconnect from the network or does the hotspot disappear as a whole?

it drops out. Disconnects, disappears. Don't really know any otrher term to describe it. I can't even get the configuration wizard to pop up.

Do you think perhaps providing me with a link to download an older rasp pi disk image might fix it?

Could you try to turn off mobile data on your phone before connecting to the hotspot?

Maybe your phone automatically disconnects from the hotspot and moves back to mobile data because the hotspot doesn't provide internet access.

yep, tried that as suggested on a seperate forum. no fix.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.