REPORT AN ISSUE

Service keeps crashing?

2 people are following

Thanks for the app, it is quite useful!

I wanted to report some issues with the service that hosts the data to the Raspberry Pi. It seems that at least once per day, the service hangs in some way. It is my belief that it is whenever I press the power button on the laptop, which I have set to go into hibernate state. When I resume, it appears that I cannot get the Raspbeery pi to connect to the MoBro app.

I am running the Pi with the Chromium browser and browsing to:
http://192.168.0.22:42100/?uuid=vm&name=RPI

I also tried this from a VM I am running on the host:
http://192.168.0.22:42100/?uuid=vm&name=vm

Both eventually time out. This can be fixed by restarting the host machine where Mobros is running. I have tried stopping and starting the MoBro service, but that does not allow the Paspberry Pi to connect.

Any ideas much appreciated. 

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

An update. The Raspberry Pi lost contact with the MoBro app earlier today. I just restarted the Pi, and still no connection. I then restarted the host PC with MoBro installed, and the Pi connected fine. Before restarting the PC, I had tried stopping and starting the Mobro service, but that did not help. Is there something else that I can try?

Thanks 
David

I have tried that on the two pcs, and i think it has solved it. 

There was one other thing that it is worth mentioning for future support requests like this. I have three local wifi AP's that i use. One is set as public, and the other two as private for firewall purposes. I noticed that the default for the mobros service that was already in there was private was allowed, public was not.  I cannot rule out that the trouble was that my laptop was auto connecting to the public AP, and therefore would not allow mobros comms. I have removed the auto-connect option for the AP I marked as public, so this will not cause issues for me in the future. 

Hey @DavidTango,

thanks for the info!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.