REPORT AN ISSUE

Someone stole my themes bro

2 people are following

Just wanted to say, love my ModBros - really finished off the look of my system…. right up until I stupidly upgraded to the latest version after an issue with my desktop app not working.

Multiple entries in task damager running. Killed them all, stopped service, restarted, launched app… all the usual tricks and yes I tried turning it off and on again!

After repeating this a few times apparently expecting different results, (definition of insanity right?) I figured let's reinstall the desktop app.

No joy there, then found the thread on here about removing the channels.json file, restarted PC and hurrah! It launches…. but no themes =(

All my themes, (I had multiple themes to choose from depending on my choice of lighting on my PC), were no longer there.

Eventually worked out that the themes now have a different path (\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta10\resources\resources\public\theme) where as before they in (\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local\layout\).

Copied them over to the new location after placing the ‘new’ ones into a backup folder, selected my theme and this is what I am now seeing…

a6ff8592-f4c4-4580-9882-4151955007c5.ee851716.png

Thinking this is clearly a mistake, I checked the configurator and to my dissappointment found it looks the same:

21dadc1a-823e-4bde-b46c-95bff53d2f9d.ee851716.png

Checked all of my other themes and it is the same with all of them.

Somewhat irritated that I would now have to rebuild all of my themes from scratch, I made a cuppa and opened a new configuration only to find that gauges have been removed!

a5e00dea-7ddd-44d3-aaa1-19aa768862a0.ee851716.png

Not sure if it just something odd with my installation or I am being an idiot - deffo a possibility and I accept that, but this does not feel like much of an update/upgrade over the previous version!

At this point I am questioning if it is still a valid part of my install, which would be disappointing as I literally reworked the interior of my case, including the water cooling to make a home for the screen and Raspberry Pi.

If anyone can help me out here or can someone link an older version for me that would be great.

Many thanks

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Hey @HumblePiBro,

can you zip up your \AppData\Local\MoBro_Local with you original layouts and link it here? I can try to take a look at it and maybe save it.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.