DISCUSSION

Trouble Starting up

3 people are following

Hi,

I just bought a new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ along with a 3.5 inch display screen. After I flash the SD card, I plug it into the raspberry pi and it shows a white screen with nothing on it. How do I fix this? Are there drivers that Im supposed in install before?

Please let me know. Thanks!!!

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Hi @gcop 

If you're using a screen that isn't connected via HDMI, that is completely normal. The screen won't show anything until the corresponding driver is installed which you can simply select while going through the configuration wizard.

You can find a detailed explanation here: https://www.mod-bros.com/en/faq/mobro/raspberry/setup

Hello.  I'm having the same experience as gcop, but I can't access the configuration page from my mobile phone or PC using 192.168.4.1 either.  Any suggestions on what I should try?

Thanks.

@Xcaliber did you connect to the configuration hotspot that is created by the Raspberry Pi before trying to access the config page via the IP address?

Also if your're using a phone i may help to turn off regular mobile data while connecting to the hotspot. The hotspot does of course not provide internet access and so your phone might use the mobile data connection to try to open the IP address instead of the connected wifi hotspot.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.