QUESTION

Unable to connect App to Desktop

4 people are following

Hi,

I have my Desktop on Lan and my phone on Wi-Fi, but I can't seem to connect them together, even when I provide a Static IP.

It works when both are on Wi-Fi or both on LAN. Is this a bug or a feature? 

Replies 1 - 7 (7)

Nevermind. It was the firewall :( 

Hi @Technicx 

glad to know that you found the issue :)

However just out of interest, did you install the firewall rules in the settings of the desktop MoBro app?
And did this solve the issue or was it still present?

Because normally you shouldn't have to do anything more, but we've heard of firewall issues from quite a few of you now, which might indicate that we still got an issue or bug somewhere in this regard.

Hi. I have the same issue. I tried to manually ad the firewall rules (though it seems that the program already applied them) and try with the network name and with static IP address. Nothing. My mobile isn't able to see anything. Only COMPLETELY deactivating Windows Firewall I'm able to connect the phone. But that's not a solution to be honest

Just an update, I too have the same issue with windows firewall.  When its turned off, android can connect fine, when its on, android is unable to see the PC.

Damn, those firewall issues.. :/

Did you already try to manually add an firewall exception like described here?

Also keep in mind that if e.g. you configured your network as ‘public’ in Windows, you need to enable the respective profile on the firewall exception as well

5a432f5d-0d94-4d7b-b99c-6863c7cb4a7e.ee851716.png

Seraksab

Damn, those firewall issues.. :/

Did you already try to manually add an firewall exception like described here?

Also keep in mind that if e.g. you configured your network as ‘public’ in Windows, you need to enable the respective profile on the firewall exception as well

5a432f5d-0d94-4d7b-b99c-6863c7cb4a7e.png
Yeah, I added it both through the app, deleted the rules then did it manually.  But no go unfortunately.

The MoBro Inbound rule was installed correctly by the app as well?

It's a bit difficult to troubleshoot these issues, since it's so dependent on the individual network setup and configuration. 

All I can really tell you is that the Android app will connect to the PC on port 42100. So that has to be accessible.
But that should already be handled by the ‘MoBro Inbound’ rule that is installed by the app.

And then the MoBro desktop application will also need permission to communicate through the firewall, which is why we added the manual rule.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.