REPORT AN ISSUE

Wi-Fi Connection problems

2 people are following

Hello everyone!

I have a strange problem with my raspberry. Everything seems to work perfectly , the application is great but sometimes the raspberry seems to disconnect from Wi-Fi.

Trying to perform a Ping I see that a few packets respond while most are lost. Also those few packets that do respond come back with a fairly high latency.

Sometimes it reconnects without problems after a few minutes but usually  the only way is to reboot it.

I am sure the NIC is working, I have used it before without problems with the standard raspberry image. I also reserved an ip for it on the router.

The image I’m using is the latest (downloaded yesterday) and for the first 10 hours it worked without any problem.

Any advice?

Thank you all in advance 

Edit: I forgot to specify that I have a raspberry pi 3b 

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Hi @Michael 

Where is your Raspberry Pi located?

Maybe you just got a weak wifi signal at the location. Also using the Pi inside a PC case can negatively impact the wifi reception and cause connection issues.

Hi @Seraksab, thank you for your answer.

The raspberry is located inside the case, but in a spot that is well covered by the wifi signal. 
It would be strange if that was the problem, considering even for the first day it did not give any problems.
I will give it a try by leaving it outside the case.

I will update the post later.

Well @Seraksab... In the end it was my pc case that was causing the problem....

I tried leaving the glass open and it didn't give any problems.
Unfortunately the antenna on the raspberri pi 3b is weaker than I thought.

I think I will opt for an external case for the raspberry, do you know of any decent ones? I searched for a while but couldn't find anything useful. I have the same display as shown in the video tutorial, so with the HDMI like a “USB dongle”. Even a 3d printable project is fine.

Thank you very much.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.