DISCUSSION

Will changing hostname and/or username affect whether the monitor will work or not?

2 people are following

Ever since I changed hostname, I am no longer getting anything on my display. Was working the night before, now it has stopped working. The modbros screen comes up during boot, showing  that connection to network is successful. Also shows that it has connected to the PC, but the PC shows no connected devices and the screen on the raspberry pi is blank.

Any reason why this might be happening, and does changing hostname have anything to do with it?

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Hi @akifwnd

Changing the hostname shouldn't affect anything and you're free to change it to whatever you like.

Did you change anything else in your setup or network?
I guess restarting the Pi and the PC also didn't help?

Nope, I restarted both and it didn't work. The only solution was to freshly flash the SD card and start again. Would changing username affect anything?

Well that depends. If you just add another user, that is completely fine.
But removing the default ‘modbros’ user will cause problems, as the main service is running under this user.

However if you want to set up the image completely to your liking, you don't have to use our pre-configured one.
Check out the page here on how to set it up yourself: https://www.mod-bros.com/en/faq/mobro/raspberry/diy-setup

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.