REPORT AN ISSUE

Windows Application dont detect android 5.1 tablet, despite tablet connected

2 people are following

Hello,

I really want to use this application with old tablet of mine, I've installed HWINFO, ModBros service app on my windows7 PC, and modbros app on tablet - while tablet itself finds the PC and starts to the white theme with pinetrees, no data is displayed - and while i happened same with phone i tested app/network connectivity - i could see the phone in “devices” tab - its not the case with tablet, so i cant change theme.

In addition, even if i configure statistics for all CPUs and GPUs/ NICs i have in my workstation, the GUI available at localhost:42100 is always the default one - one cpu, one gpu, and i think ram and VRAM, despite fact i've changed a lot in the editor.

Any help would be greatly welcome.

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

Hi @propiro 

which tablet are you using and which Android version is it running?

Regarding the theme configuration:
The widgets you add or change in the desktop application are not the ones displayed in the theme. So changing those or adding additional values won't change what's visible on the theme you open on localhost or your phone.

An editor to easily alter the themes is a feature we're currently still working on. If you want to make changes to the themes before we finish and roll out that feature you would have to change the code yourself.
You can have a look at the blog post from Dave here if you know your way around HTML/CSS/Javascript.

Oh, didnt knew about editor not working, but i can edit css/html without problem.

What i cant do, is to make the tablet to display any theme, as its not visible in the app - even if i connect through web browser.

Tablet is some trash Cavion Base 10 i've scrapped specially for this project, as i dont usually use tablets. Its this device:

https://www.mediaexpert.pl/komputery-i-tablety/tablety-i-e-booki/tablety/tablet-cavion-base-10-3g-srebrny

sorry for polish link, its probably local re-brand of some popular model, but i dont know which one. Its running Android 5.1, as minimum requirement i've heard of is Android 5.

Well the editor is working, it's just only the editor for the desktop app and not for the themes ;)
But as i said we're working on it and customizable themes are definitely coming.

I've just tested again on different Android versions and while the app itself runs fine, there seems to be a problem with our themes on Android 5 and 6. Starting with 7.0 and up everything is fine.

We will have to take a closer look at this and hopefully fix it in the next version.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Thank you very much, i'll be waiting for updates!

A workaround that may work for you in the meantime:

1. install the latest version of chrome (or another browser of your choice) on your tablet
  2. check for the IP address of your PC within your network
  3. in the browser open: [PC_IP_ADDRESS]:42100?uuid=tablet1&name=CavionBase10

I've tested this in the Android 5 Emulator and in my case it worked.

So it seems that we still have some compatibility issues with the webview component (used by our app to display the themes) on older Android versions

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.