REPORT AN ISSUE

Working fine for a few hours then suddenly pops up "Starting Hotspot"

2 people are following

So I spent a fair bit of time getting this to work, finally had it running stable for a while then suddenly it's just crapped out to initial set up.

Are they're any commands I can run to push it back to the normal display, reboots back to cannot connect to wifi. And now I assume it's reset all config?

And the hotspot doesn't start.

Update, rebooted it worked fine for a bit longer and it's done the same. Wifi still connected, I am logged in via SSH, the webGUI works but it's displaying the hotspot information and not connected on the desktop app

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Boots up says it's found the PC application and then sits on a black screen, shows half of the default theme and freezes, eventually goes back to hotspot bootloop

Finally figured it out.

WiFi signal.

Pi 3B's wifi antenna sucks absolute ass. Only device in the room which gets weak signal, threw my LCD on a Pi4 and it works wonderfully. 

Easy test is SSH and run iwconfig, it'll tell you your signal strength, I found anything near 20-30 and Mobro falls on it's arse. 

Pi4 2GB on the way now (not going to use my 8GB one on this project).

Hi @Campblor 

Glad to hear you were able to locate the problem.
Not so great that you aren't able to utilize your Pi 3B though :/

But thanks for letting us know anyway. I didn't know that the Pi 3 had such a weak antenna compared to the new Pi 4

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.