REPORT AN ISSUE

Wrong CPU Fan Speed

posted by
pad
in Themes .
6 people are following

Hi Guys,

first: i love this Project! 

I found the following issue: with the dubbadhar Theme activated he showed me the fan speed of my Chassis Fan1 and not from my CPU Fan in the FAN SPEED Section. I discovered the error in the the-config.json.

in line 10 you will find the error:

"includes": "(Chassis|chassis)"

you need to replace it with: 

"includes": "(CPU|cpu)"

now it works for me and shows me the CPU Fan speed. For your Information iam using the following Hardware:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

MB: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi

RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB

GPU: Asus Rog Strix 2080 TI OC

greetings

pad

Replies 1 - 10 (10)

Wow, I had the same problem and this fixed it for me too. I don't know html at all so I would never have guessed.

Hey @pad 

Yes this is the config of the dubbadhar theme. Currently we have no GUI to choose the data you want to have displayed and therefore the theme needs to guess the label of the unit that we might be getting with HWiNFO. We have used Chassis|chassis because that is the one that worked for most PC's that we tried with using HWiNFO even tough it might not be the right one. So the current solution is to change it in the config like you did. As already mentioned in other Topics we are planning for a GUI to change the Widgets in themes like in the desktop app (and also select the data you want to have displayed) - but that will take some time.

@TheSoullessGinger the theme-config.json of each theme are located in their folders:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta2\resources\resources\public\theme\dubbadhar

There will be a guide for changing themes today, so check out the blog for more info on this very soon! :)

I'll close this thread for now. 

Oh and thanks @pad for sharing! 

Really? You guys had to do that right as my computer is completely torn apart? Well once im done putting it back together I know what im doing first.

One question - when using the dubbadhar theme, my CPU fan display on the pi comes and goes. It's usually not visible. Just a blank spot to the left of the GPU fan. I did the edit described above and changed chassis to cpu. After that, when the fan display is showing , it now shows the correct rpm's. But it still only shows up when it feels like it. Any way to trouble shoot this? I'm using a Rpi 3B with the Rpi 7" touch screen.

Snafu

One question - when using the dubbadhar theme, my CPU fan display on the pi comes and goes. It's usually not visible. Just a blank spot to the left of the GPU fan. I did the edit described above and changed chassis to cpu. After that, when the fan display is showing , it now shows the correct rpm's. But it still only shows up when it feels like it. Any way to trouble shoot this? I'm using a Rpi 3B with the Rpi 7" touch screen.

Make sure you are running HWiNFO (as described in the faq) BEFORE the theme for the pi loads, otherwise it will not detect HWiNFO and you will have to unload and reload the theme. Hope this helps.

Also double check if you have a custom curve. For example, i set my gpu fan to not turn on til it hit 40°C, so if all I'm doing is watching youtube or other light tasks it would return n/a.

What took you so long? I posted that question almost 2 minutes ago ;)

You guys are awesome. I setup HWiNFO to start with windows and the CPU fan is running perfectly.

Thanks again!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.