DISCUSSION

Astern - A new theme

posted by
dbaka85
in Themes .
36 people are following

Hey everyone! 

I have been working on a theme I named Astern.
My goal was to make it fast and efficient and not too resource heavy but still be pretty :) .

Right now it only has about 15% usage for a raspberry pi3

9cab40b3-2ca0-40c1-916b-f8935f9bd172.jpg

It is still a WIP but most planned features are there: 

Cpu temp, core clock, usage 
Gpu temp, core clock, usage, vram usage
RAM usage

Feel free to try it:  https://dbaker85.github.io/astern/
If you find any bugs or issues, feel free to open a bug on github.
Feature requests are also welcome

Let me know what you guys think.

Replies 1 - 20 (102)

I like this, its very clean.

What size display are you using it with, and does it work in portrait?

eb7ec26e-f968-4737-8529-24305e6821de.ee851716.png
47d43331-c01a-4145-bed0-9e7277b38713.ee851716.jpg

Just did some testing while I had it open

• The temp displays include too many decimals, might be a quirk of my machine
  • On my PIw in 480x800 resolution, the scroll bars appear on the right and bottom
  • Would it be possible to group the CPU and GPU as mocked up below for portrait screens?

e20335f8-de1b-4c54-a7ef-dfeb03e04ae0.ee851716.png

Interesting results you have there with the temperature. I used a 5inch and a 7inch screen for testing but only in landscape. Thx for testing. I'll look into it. 

Hey @dbaka85,

great work! A really nice theme you have created there!

dbaka85

Interesting results you have there with the temperature. I used a 5inch and a 7inch screen for testing but only in landscape. Thx for testing. I'll look into it. 

Happy to help or test if I can, mine is a 4" HyperPixel display attached to a PI Zero W 

@Reaver79 Hey I just made a new version with the fix for the decimals in the temperature units on AMD cpus. I did not fix the portrait mode yet as it requires a little more effort.
Feel free to try it.

@dbaka85 Yep, thats sorted it.

0408a8e2-d56f-46c4-a46c-d48bd63c3e60.ee851716.jpg

Just a heads up, not sure how many people will use it in this way.  When running on me Plex server (win10) which doesnt not have a dedicated GPU, it shows NAN, I ran in to this problem when doing my theme, I had it fall back to other graphs.

Work's very nicely, is there a way I can change it to use black for the background? Grey looks so washed out on my display

Reaver79
0408a8e2-d56f-46c4-a46c-d48bd63c3e60.jpg

Just a heads up, not sure how many people will use it in this way.  When running on me Plex server (win10) which doesnt not have a dedicated GPU, it shows NAN, I ran in to this problem when doing my theme, I had it fall back to other graphs.

Thanks for this. I was already thinking about dual or more gpus. Feels weird to have no gpus at all, but good to know this can happen

Perfect theme. I hope you create more great themes like this. I try create my own theme, but i dont know how, too hard for me :(… How you create this? That is really only from test editing?

Netus

Perfect theme. I hope you create more great themes like this. I try create my own theme, but i dont know how, too hard for me :(… How you create this? That is really only from test editing?

Thanks, glad you like it.

Actually I looked at the code and played around until I figured out how everything is tied together.

Once I understood it, I built my own setup, design and code from scratch. ?

Hi! Nice theme! I've downloaded it from GitHub and copied in Localdata ecc ecc. but when i try to switch theme in Modbro windows app, nothing happen on lcd (still remain default theme). Did I miss something? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I did it, :D

Hi i love how clean it looks. Good work. I have a question how hard is to make whole background true black colour ?

@NoX 

Hey thanks, glad you like it.
Changing the color is going to be a little complicated as the code is minified and compressed for performance reasons.
I am working on a new version with tweaked colors that will make it a little less washed out.
If you really want to do it yourself,
go to the astern theme folder and look for a file called index.xxx.js.
Inside there look for this variable:

darkBackground:"hsla(212,10%,19%, 1)"

If you change this one it will change the background color

Thank You so much. Now it is my default theme :)

@dbaka85 Not working for me, i put the astern-0.7.0 or stern-0.7.1 files into my “C:\Users\&user&\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta5\resources\resources\public\theme” folder but if i select this theme the localhost page is stuck on loading.

Also if i try this with my raspberry pi zero W with the waveshare 5" display it won't display anything. I am doing something wrong?

Davide

@dbaka85 Not working for me, i put the astern-0.7.0 or stern-0.7.1 files into my “C:\Users\&user&\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta5\resources\resources\public\theme” folder but if i select this theme the localhost page is stuck on loading.

Also if i try this with my raspberry pi zero W with the waveshare 5" display it won't display anything. I am doing something wrong?

it is broken for me as well. and i tried it under MoBro and Mobro-local neither worked for me

edit: ok i didnt see the “newest release” link i downloaded this one and now its working 

https://github.com/DBaker85/astern/releases

@dbaka85 is it possible to change the vram total memory to a set amount? my card is 8gb but none of the sensors says that so it never reads right

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.