DISCUSSION

Astern - A new theme

posted by
dbaka85
in Themes .
36 people are following

Hey everyone! 

I have been working on a theme I named Astern.
My goal was to make it fast and efficient and not too resource heavy but still be pretty :) .

Right now it only has about 15% usage for a raspberry pi3

9cab40b3-2ca0-40c1-916b-f8935f9bd172.jpg

It is still a WIP but most planned features are there: 

Cpu temp, core clock, usage 
Gpu temp, core clock, usage, vram usage
RAM usage

Feel free to try it:  https://dbaker85.github.io/astern/
If you find any bugs or issues, feel free to open a bug on github.
Feature requests are also welcome

Let me know what you guys think.

I've been toggling back and forth between the previous version and 1.0.0, I have to say I love 1.0.0 :) The contrast is beautiful!
I was able to edit the Index js file to change the blueish green bars back to the original green, now I'm 100% happy. Thanks again for your amazing work!

Got the new theme loaded.. really liking it!! 

342ba1d6-eebc-40c6-8a86-548f113ec73a.ee851716.jpg

So after looking more into it. My Vram usage will either be 1GB or 5GB depending on which one I pick. And like wise for usage. And my card is 8GB 

Hey, thanks for this amazing theme! Quick thing, I have an issue where the CPU usage line is below the black box on mine (everything else is well positioned). When the usage is around 3%, the line is at the level of clock (in the bottom left part). Using this on the official raspberry display. Do you have an idea what I could do to fix that? Thanks!

EDIT: I rebooted twice (first time it did not change anything) and now I'm good haha

Just downloaded this theme. Looks great! Thank you! 

dbaka85 This is a fantastic theme

you really know what you are doing… 

Congratulations …

That intro and the clock … NICEEEEEE

@HoRNeT I am glad you like it! But I cannot take credit for the clock, it was a feature request from someone

@Sean @Makipsee @akvvirus Thanks. Glad you guys like it

041b969a-366c-4014-93b8-b95d2351451c.jpg

@dbaka85  is there any chance you could make a lighter colour for this theme? I have a full white rgb build and really want to incorporate this theme into it. the colour just seems to be rather dark. pic is of my current build. I have a 5inch raspberry pi. im going to mount it down in the bottom right of the case. happy to compensate for your time aswell :)

I use Hwinfo but only can select GPU D3D Memory Dedicated, GPU D3D Memory Dynamic or GPU Memory Usage…

No way to select total VRAM (I have a RX 6900 XT)

digaus

I use Hwinfo but only can select GPU D3D Memory Dedicated, GPU D3D Memory Dynamic or GPU Memory Usage…

Same issue with me (5700XT)

Makipsee

Same issue with me (5700XT)

I edited the .js file and searched for "{title:"Vram"},e.default.createElement(n.UsageBar,{value:o,used:d,total:" there I replaced the variable with a fixed "16"

digaus

Unfortunately this seems to be a problem with the Modbro server running on your machine rather than a problem with the theme. Seeing as the 6900xt is pretty recent there might be some issues there. 

dbaka85

Unfortunately this seems to be a problem with the Modbro server running on your machine rather than a problem with the theme. Seeing as the 6900xt is pretty recent there might be some issues there. 

Yeah might be the case. Well I just edited the js file which makes it work for me, so all good :) Very nice design, I like it.

dbaka85

I think it's an AMD thing because I have the same thing with the 5700XT. But I'm going to try @digaus ''

digaus

I edited the .js file and searched for "{title:"Vram"},e.default.createElement(n.UsageBar,{value:o,used:d,total:" there I replaced the variable with a fixed "16"

ok im trying to do what you said but im not really sure what im changing. i found the line in the js file but i dont know what exactly i have to change… please help lol

Makipsee

digaus

ok im trying to do what you said but im not really sure what im changing. i found the line in the js file but i dont know what exactly i have to change… please help lol

Currently there is written total:c replace that with total:”16"

digaus

Currently there is written total:c replace that with total:”16"

oooo duhh lol thanks! what do you choose for the vram percentage?

Loving the theme! Request though if possible.

Are you able to add fan speed? For CPU/GPU/System etc..?

Is there any way to run the clock in 12 hour format instead of 24 hour format? What settings would I need to change?

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.