REPORT AN ISSUE

Desktop Running but not running

5 people are following

I've been using ModBros for a few months now, recently the desktop application has stopped working, it is running in the background through the task manager, I have tried any solution I could find on the forums, even unrelated solutions. Reinstalling, running as administrator, changing firewall settings, making sure the service(.msc) is running, my error logs are empty. My pi will forever search for the missing application, are there any solutions i have not been able to find, or are there any suggestions to try before I give up?

Replies 1 - 20 (24)

Hey @LoginFailed 

the app is starting and you shortly see the splash screen popping up? What happens afterwards? Does the app open in your tray?

5531d07a-21d9-460f-adb4-d2cc0ae7f864.PNG.png

If not, how many processes of mobro are running in your task manager?

ee8293a4-5a43-4bdb-bdf3-6ec4003514a2.ee851716.png
Dave

Hey @LoginFailed 

the app is starting and you shortly see the splash screen popping up? What happens afterwards? Does the app open in your tray?

5531d07a-21d9-460f-adb4-d2cc0ae7f864.PNG.png

If not, how many processes of mobro are running in your task manager?

ee8293a4-5a43-4bdb-bdf3-6ec4003514a2.png

Splash screen will only appear for the first run on a fresh install, but still not appear in the tray.

Once i open it again any time after the first run, nothing will appear on screen, and the processes appear in task manager without a tray icon.

6ed19362-c671-4858-a7e0-cf9e2752ec65.PNG.png

Edit: i have tried 2 different installs, beta2, the original version i downloaded and setup with my pi, and beta5. After the failed start of beta5 i installed and am currently running beta2.

So the version beta2 is running for you but the beta5 always crashes on startup? Could you send me screenshots of your "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MoBro" directory and its subdirectories? Maybe there are some zombie files that could not be removed on un / install.

Can you try to uninstall and then completely wipe the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MoBro" directory? That might help.

both versions fail :(
beta 2 is the version that was previously working. I'm not 100% sure if updating to beta 5 caused these issues, because i had updated to beta 5 after these issues started happening.

I did what you suggested, uninstall and delete all the files, and reinstalled beta 5.

Uninstalled, deleted the files, installed beta 5, splash screen appears and disappears, restarted my machine, and then took these screenshots. 

3646e984-ef24-4fc1-952b-369b2baba29c.PNG.png

These screenshots are taken right after I restarted, you can see the application running with no tray icon and missing service.msc, when i go in and start it manually nothing changes.

3d2d878f-9def-4f92-ac16-7418e96e6bbd.PNG.png
95a32572-eacc-45f1-8dde-250e0d9c27a1.PNG.png

Hmm nothing unusual there. Could you send me the error.log and the SquirrelSetup.log? maybe via drive, dropbox or something equivalent

Hmm ok nothing there either, pretty strange. Could you zip the whole Mobro and Mobro_local folder from appdata? Maybe I can find somthing there. Thanks for the effort man! 

thanks man

Hey man, I could track down the problem. It's the channels.json in your Mobro_Local folder, for some reason its corrupted. Can you try deleting the file? This will reset some of your settings tho :( but at least your app should be able to start then.

I'll dig a little deeper and try to find out, how this could have happened.

If you still have some issues, you can try renaming the MobroLocal folder to Mobro_Local_bkp to keep it :)

Worked like a charm! As soon as I deleted that file and opened the app, it started right up!
Thank  you so much for your help, you're awesome!

yay glad to hear it!! cheers

I am having the same problems as the poster.      The real issue is after I uninstalled the app it is still being run in the background which means the uninstaller is having issues and not uninstalling the service.     

199caa98-dd69-4dfd-8f2f-f98239f4b791.JPG.jpg

Got things working again by doing these steps.

1. Uninstall Mobros.
  2. Go into task manager and kill the Mobros process
  3. Rename Mobro_Local folder to Mobro_Local_bkp (need to do step 2 first)
  4. Restart windows
  5. Install Mobros again

Also i noted that this application stopped working after a windows 10 update.     God i hate enforced updates.

Hey @Bob NZ,

thanks for the info that the service is not uninstalled correctly, I'll take a look at that. Kinda annoying that a windows update corrupts some of the config files …

Hello, i'm having this issue more or less twice per week.
Is it possible to fix this issue or install in another directory Mobro?
Greetings

Hi @Deltaplane Cat, can you fix the issue by clearing the MoBro_Local directory as described above?

Hello @Dave, I need to clear the MoBro_Local directory before reinstalling MODBROS everytime this issue happens.

Ok thanks for the info @Deltaplane Cat, then I might know what the issue is, I'll try to fix that soon.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.