REPORT AN ISSUE

Desktop Running but not running

5 people are following

I've been using ModBros for a few months now, recently the desktop application has stopped working, it is running in the background through the task manager, I have tried any solution I could find on the forums, even unrelated solutions. Reinstalling, running as administrator, changing firewall settings, making sure the service(.msc) is running, my error logs are empty. My pi will forever search for the missing application, are there any solutions i have not been able to find, or are there any suggestions to try before I give up?

Replies 21 - 24 (24)

hey dave im having trouble as well 

so basically i alreaDY HAVE THE mobro flasged to sd card 

i just wanted to move the disp[lay oiver to another pc 

i downloaded the mobro software onto the new pc and then i plugged everything in 

hoping that it would just recofnise the same wifi connectioopn and this time just display on the other pc 

shouldnt it just work?

or am ik missing somethign or doing something wrong??

all i did was basically unplug from pc , installed in new pc , then downloaded the software on new pc and let it run 

it finds the wireless connection but wont display the monitoring app 

pls help 

Hi @Deltaplane Cat, with the new beta11 the problem should be solved and the app should not crash anymore due to corrupt file writes.

Hi @song, if all the PCs are in the same network, do you have the name network name set on the pi and your new mobro installation? By default it's mobro and if both PCs are running with the same network name, it might pick up the wrong PC. Other than that it should just work yes. Maybe you have some firewall issues on your new PC? You can checkout our FAQ for that here https://www.mod-bros.com/en/faq/mobro/desktop-app/connected-devices/device-cannot-connect

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.