REPORT AN ISSUE

Firewall issue

3 people are following

Hi there, when I completed set up, I could not connect to the Pi nor my phone without having to disable the firewall (Windows). I checked the desktop app and it said that both inbound and outbound firewall rules are installed, but as soon as I enable the firewall all data stops. I double check the firewall rules under firewall.cpl and they are there. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Replies 1 - 11 (11)

Hi, I've had the same issue on Windows. The solution is to allow the following program through your Windows firewall:

“C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta5\MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe”

PS: I'd like to take this opportunity to show my appreciation to ModBros for providing this awesome software!

Bobtb, Thank a ton, I did that and all works great. Thanks Again!!!!

Hi @quiggs59 

Thanks for reporting the problem. 
As we keep getting similar reports from a lot of you guys regarding this exact issue, it seems that we might still have an issue/bug regarding our firewall rules in the desktop app.. :/
As normally you shouldn't have to add one manually yourself to get MoBro working.

@Bobtb thanks for the tip and generally for helping out here in the forum ?

Happy to help out! Seems like we're all interested in the same thing here and I truly like this project a lot :)

I cannot connect to my pc… 

Firewall rules have been installed….

Pi and pc on the same network.. 

Tried connecting with disabled firewall, this worked…
enabling firewall again and it could no longer connect..

Khaine58

I cannot connect to my pc… 

Firewall rules have been installed….

Pi and pc on the same network.. 

Tried connecting with disabled firewall, this worked…
enabling firewall again and it could no longer connect..

It must mean you haven't added the (correct) executable to the Windows Firewall to allow it to receive connections from your network.

If you want to know where you can find the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” executable, open Task Manager (CTRL-Shift-Esc), click More details if you haven't already, then go to the Details tab.

Locate the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” executable name, right-click it and select Open file location.

Now, in the newly opened Explorer windows, click on an empty part to the right of the path. you should now see the actual path to the folder you have opened. Select the whole path and copy it (CTRL-c).

Next, open the Windows Defender Firewall and click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall".

Click the Change settings button. Click the Allow another app… button.

Click Browse and paste (CTRL-v) the path to the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” in the File name field below.

Select the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” executable and click Open. Next click Add and then OK to close the Windows Defender Firewall Allowed apps page.

Bobtb

It must mean you haven't added the (correct) executable to the Windows Firewall to allow it to receive connections from your network.

If you want to know where you can find the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” executable, open Task Manager (CTRL-Shift-Esc), click More details if you haven't already, then go to the Details tab.

Locate the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” executable name, right-click it and select Open file location.

Now, in the newly opened Explorer windows, click on an empty part to the right of the path. you should now see the actual path to the folder you have opened. Select the whole path and copy it (CTRL-c).

Next, open the Windows Defender Firewall and click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall".

Click the Change settings button. Click the Allow another app… button.

Click Browse and paste (CTRL-v) the path to the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” in the File name field below.

Select the “MoBro - ModBros Monitoring Service.exe” executable and click Open. Next click Add and then OK to close the Windows Defender Firewall Allowed apps page.

That is precisely what i did.

However it worked by reinstalling the app in windows..

But nok the Pi shuts down aften about ten minutes… As if it isn't getting enough power… 

Hi @Khaine58 

so your Pi works fine with MoBro running for about 10 minutes and then just shuts down, right?

Is your Pi in an enclosure and if yes, is there enough airflow? 
Also could you check the temperature of your Pi while its running?

Because some of the themes are quite heavy on the CPU and therefore the Pi might heat up considerably if there isn't enough airflow or cooling. 

Seraksab

Hi @Khaine58 

so your Pi works fine with MoBro running for about 10 minutes and then just shuts down, right?

Is your Pi in an enclosure and if yes, is there enough airflow? 
Also could you check the temperature of your Pi while its running?

Because some of the themes are quite heavy on the CPU and therefore the Pi might heat up considerably if there isn't enough airflow or cooling. 

It is in a case.

It is running perfectly now…

Apparently resetting my firewall settings, did the trick..

That's a bit weird, as changes to the firewall settings shouldn't cause the Raspberry Pi to restart.

But anyways, glad to hear it's working now :)

Seraksab

That's a bit weird, as changes to the firewall settings shouldn't cause the Raspberry Pi to restart.

But anyways, glad to hear it's working now :)

i had a power issue, which resulted in the Pi not getting the power it needed, that caused it to stop.

So i had 2 problems. Both fixet now.. :-)

Thanks for the help.. :-)

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.