DISCUSSION

Install on USB stick

2 people are following

Hello at all

Since you can install the OS on a USB stick, my question is whether this will also be possible in the future. I tried it with the latest Raspberry, but unfortunately it didn't work.
Thx for a short Feedback

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

Hi @MrRog 

I haven't tried booting off an USB stick yet myself.
But I guess its something that would be worth looking into to speed up those boot times a bit. I've added it to our list and will do a bit of testing once I get some time.

If our image doesn't work, you could always just install the regular Raspberry Pi OS and just use a browser as described here:
https://www.mod-bros.com/en/faq/mobro/raspberry/diy-setup

HI Seraksab

Danke Dir. Thats cool, I have Installed onthe SD Card but im not a big Fan of SD Cards, Too many no longer work for me after a crash.
and now that Raspberry offers this, boot from a USB stick, why not?Thanks again for including in the BackLog

Gruess Roger

any smal update on this, or have this no Prio, regards

Roger

To be honest I haven't had time to look into this yet. It's on our backlog, but currently not really a priority. 

We're working on other features for the Raspberry Pi at the moment. Using OverlayFS will be one of them for the next version. Just as a small spoiler on what's coming ;)

This should also improve boot times a bit and moreover help with SD card degradation and corruption, so their lifespan should be increased greatly.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.