REPORT AN ISSUE

Names missing in old themes

8 people are following

Hi, love the new update and the new way of getting info from hw.

I've run in to an issue though which worked fine before the update.

I can't get any names on of the components which are being monitored. This is for the default theme and the fallout theme. 

59d6afad-3a7f-4442-9091-b55b63aa8843.ee851716.png

On the dubbadhar theme the names are getting there, but im running it the official raspberry pi 7" touchscreen and there are some cropping issues, any way to fix this? I've tried zooming out but its not letting me zoom out all the way. 

The pi touchscreen is running at 800 x 480, 5:3.

4ec0401f-4b89-4799-afcd-bf5495cffe57.ee851716.jpg

Thank you!!

Replies 1 - 20 (41)

Hey boiledwaffles,

Thank you for your feedback and for providing image links! 

I have moved the Topic into the Themes discussion because it seems that it might be an issue with our themes. We have to update the fallout and default theme to work with the new API. Well fix this in the next update beta-2.

I'll also try to add scaling for the dubbadhar theme in the next update so it will work on every display-resolution. I only tested it on a 3.5" screen and forgot to test resizing it.

~ Mike

GhosTz blog.reply.wrote:

Hey boiledwaffles,

Thank you for your feedback and for providing image links! 

I have moved the Topic into the Themes discussion because it seems that it might be an issue with our themes. We have to update the fallout and default theme to work with the new API. Well fix this in the next update beta-2.

I'll also try to add scaling for the dubbadhar theme in the next update so it will work on every display-resolution. I only tested it on a 3.5" screen and forgot to test resizing it.

~ Mike

Thank you!

Is there any chance soon where we can edit and create our own themes? 

Thank you for posting this question. I am having the same cropping issue on the official 7 inch display. Its strange that Erks display is fine with the same resolution.  I'm new to raspberry pi so i have no idea where to start to fix it.

I too have a 7" official pi screen and it looks like they released in in 2 resolutions.

720x480

800x480

Even with dubbadhar Git release I had to manually set the resolution for it to work.

My dubbadharTheme shows no stats expect fans speeds....

Ryzen 3900x

MrSpoon blog.reply.wrote:

I too have a 7" official pi screen and it looks like they released in in 2 resolutions.

720x480

800x480

Even with dubbadhar Git release I had to manually set the resolution for it to work.

My dubbadharTheme shows no stats expect fans speeds....

Ryzen 3900x

I couldnt get the hit release to work at all.  I assume its because im using a raspi 4b.  It ran in terminal and showed all my stats, but the gui wouldnt load.

So I tried alot of different resolutions and playing with overscanning but nothing really worked.

What I then did was edit the html a bit by deleting the cpu and gpu name and there is no cropping now. Its not optimal but it looks better atleast. 

https://imgur.com/a/9ZOvPHk

If anyone wants to try this make a backup of the index.html in the theme folder and delete the following lines:

h1>CPU</h1>

<h2 id="mobro-cpu-name" class="text-nowrap text-truncate"></h2>

<h1>GPU</h1>

<h2 id="mobro-gpu-name" class="text-nowrap text-truncate"></h2>

boiledwaffles blog.reply.wrote:

So I tried alot of different resolutions and playing with overscanning but nothing really worked.

What I then did was edit the html a bit by deleting the cpu and gpu name and there is no cropping now. Its not optimal but it looks better atleast. 

If anyone wants to try this make a backup of the index.html in the theme folder and delete the following lines:

h1>CPU</h1>

<h1>GPU</h1>

I'm fine with that. Where do i find that file? The only folder i find it overlays and theres no index file. Any help is appreciated

Cody blog.reply.wrote:

h1>CPU</h1>

<h1>GPU</h1>

I'm fine with that. Where do i find that file? The only folder i find it overlays and theres no index file. Any help is appreciated

Same problem here and i want to configure the the widgets od the raspberry themes...

Cody blog.reply.wrote:

h1>CPU</h1>

<h1>GPU</h1>

ok..i found it..i thought i had to look at the raspberry and not in the modbros folder on my windows PC :D  AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta1\resources\resources\public\theme

Hey guys,

sorry for the late response. I'm doing lots of fixing currently on the website and also for the themes. And we all do still have a normal day job, that's why it just takes time.

So generally about the Themes:

Even tough I'd like to have a separate topic for different questions I'll try to give you some insight here. Currently we are pretty much guessing what values we might get on your system with some logic to try and find the right things do display. Every system is very different and so are the labels. For example on one system the label could be CPU Temperature and on the other its CPU TEMP. Now that is an easy fix but we really need to make it configurable - and that is something we are working on soon! So you can get all the data from your system like in the Widget menu of the app and choose from there what you want to display in your theme.

Dynamic Themes:

So with having so much flexibility and the user choosing the data, the theme itself also needs to be very flexible and powerful so it knows what to display where (preferably even configurable by the user). But also you should be able to create whatever theme you want, because it is just a webview with HTML, JS and CSS. That's the beauty of the themes, anything is possible. So we are right now developing an API so that if you have some basic web coding skills you will be able to create your own theme. We're also thinking of a solution to make them shareable for you guys. So you can just "install" a theme someone else created. The real hard part is for the theme creators to make them usable by everyone so we don't have that cutting of Problem like in the dubbadhar theme currently. (yes I'm on it guys!)

Hope that answers some of your questions - please create specific topics for specific questions so the content is searchable for other users that have the same question or issue.

@MrSpoon 

It seems that your problem might be something else if you are not getting any data. could you please open a new thread and maybe send us what you are getting on your system? There is a debug route you can view when the app is running: http://localhost:42001/api/sensors/data Or just send us images of your problem.

~ Mike

I'm currently troubleshooting the data issue on my end and will start a topic if i need help / have information to provide.

The main thing i was trying to share was that my 7" pi screen runs a 720x480 and not 800*480 for whatever reason. This is not a ModBros issue as it's also true in stock Raspbian.

Guys,

If you’re using the official Raspberry Pi 7 inch screen are you connecting via HDMI?

I don’t have the official screen so I’m not sure if it will connect with HDMI, if it can try that if you haven’t already. 

Erks

Erks blog.reply.wrote:

Guys,

If you’re using the official Raspberry Pi 7 inch screen are you connecting via HDMI?

I don’t have the official screen so I’m not sure if it will connect with HDMI, if it can try that if you haven’t already. 

Erks

I’ve looked into this and I it appears that the official screen has no HDMI? I would recommend a screen with HDMI that will give you the correct resolution. 

I've just updated the dubbadhar theme to fix the scaling issue. It will ship with the next version. If you want to fix it yourself right now you can download the open source theme here:

https://github.com/ModBros/mobro-theme-dubbadhar

and move the files inside the theme directory that should be something like this:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta1\resources\resources\public\theme\dubbadhar

If anyone tries this please tell me if it fixes the scaling issue on your side. 

~ Mike

GhosTz blog.reply.wrote:

I've just updated the dubbadhar theme to fix the scaling issue. It will ship with the next version. If you want to fix it yourself right now you can download the open source theme here:

and move the files inside the theme directory that should be something like this:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\MoBro\app-1.0.0-beta1\resources\resources\public\theme\dubbadhar

~ Mike

Hi,

yes its fixed....

96e9efd3-1772-4fad-8928-a2a78ed30bcf.ee851716.jpg

GhosTz blog.reply.wrote:

~ Mike

Fixed

http://imgur.com/gallery/xXNKPrt

Grabbed and copied over.

The gauges now all fit on the 7" screen, however in my case the Fan RPM font is tooo big and goes into the gauge.

snap

melua02 blog.reply.wrote:

GhosTz blog.reply.wrote:

~ Mike

Hi,

yes its fixed....

great to see it working! Now on to the next one. I'd love to solve the NaN Issue that I can see here in your screen. Could you send me an email to info@mod-bros.com and paste me what you get when you navigate to http://localhost:42001/api/sensors/data in your browser? Because I think it might be too long for the forum :P

Topic has been closed.
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.