QUESTION

Problem setting up raspberry with LCD35 screen

4 people are following

Hi. Thanks for the great software. (I donated) I am installing it now and the Raspberry screen opened and said “checking for updates”. Will Raspberry over write your software with the updates?

Replies 1 - 11 (11)

Hi @Terry Haney 

Thanks for your donation, really appreciated :)
But I don't quit get your question. Which update screen do you mean?

I reloaded the Pi software from your site and got to the point in the photo. I am unable to connect to the hotspot on either my laptop or iPhone. Typing the http://192.168.4.1 doesn't connect to anything. I must be doing something wrong at this stage.

0db77a3a-0a41-40ae-9456-eaa10e9bdaca.ee851716.jpg

I have a UCTRONICS 3.5 inch monitor attached, but it will not show up until I install the drivers. I had the screen working before deciding to try to use it as a hardware monitor. Thanks

Alright, but the hotspot is created and you do see and can select it on your phone/laptop?

Do you get any error when trying to connect?

fc73befc-db1d-4885-8cec-fb2386cf7b30.jpg

I have finally connected to the hotspot and got to the Configuration Wizard. I entered my network information and continued. The Raspberry Pi rebooted and located my network successfully and now appears on the monitor that is connected by the HDMI cable(not the one plugged into the Pi) as a white screen with a small red, spinning box for the last 30 minutes.

Hey @Terry Haney,

please take a look at our FAQ for installing display drivers. If you are not using one of our supported LCD's you will need to take a look at the drivers provided by the display manufacturer and manually install these using their tutorials.

GhosTz

Hey @Terry Haney,

please take a look at our FAQ for installing display drivers. If you are not using one of our supported LCD's you will need to take a look at the drivers provided by the display manufacturer and manually install these using their tutorials.

Thanks. I had coded in the drivers per the manufacturers instructions and had the little screen working with the standard Raspberry Pi OS, But after loading the Raspnerry Pi image from ModBros, it goes straight to the MoBro widget screen. I need to find out at which point during the boot process I can access a command prompt before the hardware screen appears on my large monitor so I can input the driver instruction code.

Hey @Terry Haney 

Please don't edit your previous posts by adding completely new and different content to them.
It gets really hard to follow the topic this way.

Regarding the driver installation:
The purpose of our image is to automatically launch the hardware screen. There is no desktop environment installed on it.
So if you want to access the console to install a custom display driver, just connect to your Pi over SSH, like described in the FAQ page that GhosTz linked you.
As you stated the network configuration was successful, so the Pi is connected to your network and accessible over SSH.
Then you can just follow the instructions provided by your display manufacturer, like you did last time.

Hi. Thanks for all the help. I logged on to the hotspot and went back to the Configuration Wizard and and selected your LCD35 monitor drivers on the drop down list and it loaded beautifully!(I should have trusted it to begin with) Just need to finish setting it up.

520fe3f5-6788-43c7-851d-ea31df23d8d3.jpg

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.